For the electronics, we are using Raymarine:
- Raymarine a125 12″ Multifunction display with WiFi
- Raymarine Quantum 2 Radar with Doppler
- Raymarine p70 color autopilot display
- Additional Raymarine i70 display
- Ray60 VHF at Switchpanel and additional VHF handset at helm station
- Raymarine AIS trasnponder
For communications we are using:
- IridiumGo Satellite Communications
- Garmin InReach
As a backup navigation program we are used OpenCPN, an open source chart plotter and navigational software program. We find it very useful underway or as a planning tool. It is developed by a tteam of active sailors using real world conditions for program testing and refinement.
We have the program installed on a dedicated Windows laptop and also on my personal Mac. By adding a GPS receiver like an inexpensive GlobalSat BU-353-S4 you can view the boat position on the chart.
OpenCPN is more sophisticated than any other chartplotter on the market, it’s open source and you can install charts for free. Excellent for planning but also for double checking if the charts you have on your chart plotter are accurate.